I decided that 2006 is The Year of Fun. Each of you are responsible for having as much fun as possible, for working to make your life fun, for finding the fun in the middle of a bad day. Life is too serious and too hard otherwise. Do it for YOURSELF. Make your life what you want it to be.
So, I only put items that i want to do on this list. No stretch goals this year, nothing challenging even. Just fun things or things I want to do.
I challenge each of you to do this for 2006 and post your list. Lemme see!
1. Apologize when I should.
2. Attend church at least six times.
11. Buy five new bras and five new pairs of panties.
12. Buy four fruits and/or vegetables that I’ve never eaten before. Try them!
13. Buy new collars and leashes for Max and Val.
20. Do not buy any books without checking to see if I can get them for free from the library first. (Exceptions include: gifts, anything for work, or hardback books that I want to own for time and all eternity.)
26. Drink more water every day.
28. Explore getting a hot stone massage. Or any massage, really.
30. Get a pair of birthday socks. To wear on my birthday. Duh.
33. Get my eyes checked, prescription updated and new contacts ordered.
37. Give more hugs.
38. Give my old bead box to Andy for camp.
40. Go to Barnes & Noble on a Friday night. Drink coffee. Read books. Talk to a stranger.
44. Hang actual curtains in the master bedroom.
45. Have a tea party with Mom.
56. Make fajitas from scratch.
57. Make key lime pie from scratch.
58. Make more thankful prayers.
59. Memorize Corinthians 12:9-10.
60. On December 1, turn in my change jar for cash. Use it to buy Christmas presents.
61. Organize files and filing cabinets.
62. Pay down my debts.
64. Pray more for other people.
65. Price out replacing the seatbelt in my car that Max destroyed.
67. Read two non-fiction books related to my physical/mental/emotional health.
70. Reduce my possessions. Get rid of the crap.
71. Re-read Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince.
-Fun With Dick and Jane
-Walk the Line
-Ice Age 2
-Take the Lead
-Pursuit of Happyness
-Night at the Museum
74. Send out 2006 Christmas cards.
77. Stop. Calling. Myself. Fat.
78. Submit a cold copy of my resume to five companies I’d like to work for in Fort Worth or Arlington.
80. Take a new family pic to use on my Christmas cards.
82. Take the stairs whenever possible.
84. Tell April that I’m glad she’s my sister. Tell Andy I’m glad he’s my brother.
86. Update my address book with people's addresses.
87. Update my calendar with people's birthdays.
88. Uphold my own morals and values. Every day.
90. Use up all of something before I buy more of it. (Especially
93. Visit Jai. Hug her. Tell her that I will always be here for her, no matter what.
95. Wash my hands on a more regular basis. Consider becoming obsessive about it.
96. Watch all the
97. Weigh less on December 31, 2006 then I do on January 5, 2006.
98. Write fan mail.
By way of reference:
2004 To Do List
2005 To Do List