This year I decided to again make a To Do List in place of resolutions. You know I love a To Do List! This is meant to help me work on myself, and on my life, as well as reaching goals and finding perspective. And some things are just for fun. This year will continue to be about me defining ME, in all ways.
1. Be honest about my own feelings. Learn to do this without being aggressive or dramatic.
3. Consciously work on bringing more hope, joy, and love into my own life and the lives of the people I care about.
4. Continue to reduce my dairy intake.
6. Develop a new prayer routine.
7. Discover something new and obscure that I love and can obsess over.
8. Do something that I've always wanted to do, but not yet done.
12. Figure out how to make the heels of my feet look/feel less gross.
14. Find a permanent, full-time job.
16. Get a good picture taken of myself, with Addison and Drew.
17. Get copies of Paper Towns,
19. Keep Max and Val safe and healthy.
20. Learn to make really good pancakes.
21. Life is about relationships and they require work and effort. Work on developing/strengthening my relationships with the people I love.
22. Look for rainbows.
24. Own up to it when I make a mistake, even when it’s something that will cause problems. Tell the truth.
25. Pray the problem. Only God knows the consequences of decisions.
27. Read one book related to my spirituality.
28. Read two non-fiction books related to my physical/mental/emotional health.
-End of Overeating by David Kessler (January)
29. Remember to take care of myself.
30. Repeat to self: There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation.
31. Say please and thank you and no. And sometimes, say yes.
32. Stop futzing with my iphone while driving. (No texts, no emails, no games.)
36. Use up all of something before I buy more of it.
38. Watch seasons 3 through 7 of Gilmore Girls.
39. Weigh less on December 31, 2010 then I do on January 11, 2010.
40. Work to make my life one I love, the life I've dreamed of. But at the same time, work with what comes my way.
A couple corollary goals for the immediate future:
1. Sleep more. Every day would be awesome.
2. Read some fic again. Soon. And often. I miss it.
3. Become an active LJ community member again. Actually talk to my friends! *covers mouth* Revolutionary idea, I know. It will occur again, I promise!