1. I was assigned pancakes for a potluck breakfast today (PANCAKES! Who assigns someone pancakes???) and I made pancake muffins and they were easy and divine.
2. My story time today was on sing-along books and I basically got to sing camp songs for twenty minutes. It was so fun! The kids loved it. And, though several people outside the room mentioned that they could hear us singing, not one person ragged on my awful voice. Victory tastes like enthusiasm! And then we made paper plate tambourines, which were pretty much awesome.
3. Many months ago my brother mentioned that one of his teachers (he's an elementary school principal) had written a picture book. So, last month I ordered a copy of it for my library. I took a screencap of the record in the library's catalog and sent it to him, just for grins. He shared it with the author and she sent me the sweetest thank you note. Isn't that awesome? Really kind, I thought.
4. Had to break up another fight between tiny kids over the pre-k computers. I seriously am about THIS close to just turning them off in the afternoon and forcing parents to, I don't know, watch their own children. GAH.
5. Big Bang art. I've seen it. *huge grin*
6. My Mom and Dad are coming to visit me at work tomorrow! They've not seen this branch before and I am excited to show it off to them.
7. Whhhhhyyyy is there nothing on TV right now?
8. Also, food should spontaneously appear on my table. *snaps fingers* Dang it.
Current Mood: content